I'm getting 500 errors showing on my site after renaming htaccess.txt to .htaccess
Just some additional information on this error, copied right out of the default
htaccess.txt file that comes with Joomla:
# The line just below this section: 'Options +FollowSymLinks' may cause problems # with some server configurations. It is required for use of mod_rewrite, but may already # be set by your server administrator in a way that dissallows changing it in # your .htaccess file. If using it causes your server to error out, comment it out (add # to # beginning of line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef url's. If they work, # it has been set by your server administrator and you do not need it set here. ## ## Can be commented out if causes errors, see notes above. Options +FollowSymLinks
Another line that might cause errors is the
RewriteBase (home page will work, all links will give a
404 Not found error):
# Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL # is not directly related to physical file paths. # Update Your Joomla! Directory (just / for root). ## # RewriteBase /
This line is needed if your Joomla installation is located in a subfolder of your domain. Add the name of the subfolder after the
RewriteBase /joomla). Note that this is not needed when Joomla inside a subfolder used as addon domain in cPanel.
To resolve the issue, on line 19 of the file, I replaced
In my setup, a
wamp update had reset my
.conf file, and I found out that the module
mod_rewrite was disabled!
So I just enabled it by un-commenting that specific line and It was working fine, after restarting the server, also read this answer.
My website's problem is solved by changing 2 lines of
Options +FollowSymLinksas below:
#RewriteEngine Onas below: