I got a issue after renaming htaccess.txt to .htaccess in the public_html folder of my Joomla 4 website (https://www.freepetsitters.com). I renamed it in order to get rid of "index.php" in the URLs.
Steps to reproduce the issue
- Download Helix Ultimate 2 Beta 1 Quickstart Package (https://github.com/JoomShaper/helix-ultimate/releases/tag/v2.0.0-beta.1), upload it to the public_html folder of your website, unzip it and then follow the standard Joomla installation procedure.
- Upgrade your website to Joomla 4 Beta 7.
- Set "Use URL Rewriting" to "Yes" (In the Global Configuration tab of the Joomla administrator panel).
- Rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess in the public_html folder of your website.
- Delete the cookies and website data, then refresh the Joomla administrator panel's tab.
The website's backend looking like it was (before renaming htaccess.txt to .htaccess) and working fine.
The administrator panel looking weird and not working (There is no interactivity when clicking on any button).
PHP: 7.3 lsphp
Joomla: 4 Beta 7
Helix Ultimate: 2 Beta 1
Here is what I got in the logs file:
WARNING ... assets No asset found for com_modules.module.92, falling back to com_modules
I also don't think that the problem is related to the website's template (Helix Ultimate 2 Beta 1) since the issue only occurs for the backend and not the frontend.