phpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP, intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web.
phpMyAdmin is a free and open source tool written in PHP intended to handle the administration of MySQL with the use of a web browser. It can perform various tasks such as creating, modifying or deleting databases, tables, fields or rows; executing SQL statements; or managing users and permissions.
Features provided by the program include:
- Web interface
- MySQL database management
- Import data from CSV and SQL
- Export data to various formats: CSV, SQL, XML, PDF (via the TCPDF library), ISO/IEC 26300 - OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Word, Excel, LaTeX and others
- Administering multiple servers
- Creating PDF graphics of the database layout
- Creating complex queries using Query-by-Example (QBE)
- Searching globally in a database or a subset of it
- Transforming stored data into any format using a set of predefined functions, like displaying BLOB-data as image or download-link
- Live charts to monitor MySQL server activity like connections, processes, CPU/Memory usage, etc.
The software, which is currently available in 72 languages, is maintained by The phpMyAdmin Project.