New answers tagged

3

In #1 the first line of the first method will output a message to the next page that is displayed to user after the processing has completed so this is a nice simple way to inform that user that they have an authorisation issue, it doesn't have to be a 403. You could do more processing and provide more meaningful messages that reflect the actual access issue....


1

Patch is successful with caveats instead of using text or articletext the correct variables are introtext and fulltext. To note in one test both introtext & fulltext did not work together but worked successfully when patching them separately. i concluded that only happened when updating text that was entered into site editor manually and not designated ...


0

There is no detail about your environment and each environment can be very different so this general advice regarding the steps you should consider. I think you should break down the migration into smaller tasks(update Joomla, update PostgreSQL, Upgrade to Joomla 4) and perform tests migrations on a copy of your site until you are sure it all works rather ...


0

Ok I found the reason myself. Joomla 4 uses the namespace to detect the components name and creates the option=com_xxx_yyy from it. So a namespace like Vendor/Component/XXX_YYY results in option=com_xxx_yyy Vendor/Component/XZYZZZ results in option=com_xzyzzz


Top 50 recent answers are included