I'm using Akeeba to backup my database (database only, I'm not backing up files). I haven't been able to find a way to restore only the database using the admin. Is there a way to do it?
Unfortunately it isn't possible to restore a backup of the database (.sql file) using Akeeba Backups itself. To restore the database, you must import it using PhpMyAdmin or a similar tool. If you do not have access to PhpMyAdmin on your server then an alternative would be using this:
Or a Backup and Restore extension for Joomla:
Hope this helps
If you use Akeeba Backup Pro then this is probably the solution:
- Go to Akeeba Backup Pro
- Go to Profiles Managment
- Click on New and use the Profile name e.g. MySQL Restoration
- Now go Back to the Akeeba Backup Pro Control Panel
- Switch you Profile to "MySQL Restoration"
- Then click on "Files and Directories Exclusion"
- Exclude now every File and Directory beside the index.php file
- Now make a Backup with this new Profile
- Then go "Manage Backups" and choose last Backup and click on restore
- Now follow instructions