From the home page of v3.3.6, I have a Category View listing all the sub-categories of a given main Category. When I click on that link from the home page, it lists those Sub-categories as expected, but the links of those subcategories (to see the articles within them) all use the Itemid of the Home Page, NOT that of the currently displayed Category View page (the correct Itemid is, of course, the browser URL)
- Home Page: index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=107&Itemid=435
- Cat. View: index.php?option=com_content&view=categories&id=80&Itemid=531
These are the "incorrect" links to sub-categories that are displayed on the Cat. View (they are using Itemid 435 from home page, not 531 from the currently displayed view of the Main Category as would be expected:
- Subcat1 : index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=81&Itemid=435
- Subcat2 : index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=82&Itemid=435
- Subcat3 : index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=83&Itemid=435
SEF is not turned on, nor any multiple language settings and there are no Menu Item Aliases in play. I've changed the main Menu Item Type to various other components other than com_content to see if that would make a difference, though the article specified in the home page is Uncategorized, thus not expected to appear in any of the article lists anyways.
Am I wrong in assuming that the list of links should be using the Itemid of the currently active page and associated ItemID (531). This seems like such an elementary question, I feel silly asking, but there seem to be no clear answers or settings to get any other behavior.