I used the procedure of this answer ( https://joomla.stackexchange.com/a/7613/1685 ) to backup my site on a local.
I did the extraction and the installation in a subdir (
/var/www/html/my_dir/) of the localhost path (
/var/www/html/). The entire procedure gave me no errors but if I access to the local site (
localhost/my_dir) I see the homepage exactly as it should be but other pages are wrongly linked. If a click to a link to page2 the browser go to
localhost/index.php/page instead of going to
localhost/my_dir/index.php/page and clearly a get a "Not found" error message. If I go manually (typing the right address) to page2, the page looks correct.
I think there is some option that has to be setted to let joomla recognise that I have a subdir but I don't know how to set it.