This may be due to a bug or (more likely) to my inability to configure the Smart Search component, but... this is what's happening:
- I have a multilingual site: primary "English", secondary "Italian."
- The multilingual feature is used essentially to show different menus and some content.
- Most of the content is shared and declared as Language="All".
- When I perform a search from the "English side" content declared as "English" and "All" is found.
- When I perform a search from the "Italian side" only content flagged as "Italian" is found (and content from "All" is not found).
In the "Content Maps" there was a "Language" branch with a (bold) indication stating something about the fact that the branch was inactive as I have the "Language filter" plugin enabled (of course I do: is there any other way to make a multilingual site?). I tried to delete that branch but... nothing changed.
I am using Joomla! 3.2.4.
My issue is: when searching from "Italian side" I am not finding content from "All". I would expect a similar behaviours as with the "English side".