I have an extension shipped as a package, which combines a module, a plugin and a component.
I have the usual updateserver tag in my manifest:
<updateservers> <server type="extension" priority="1" name="myext">http://www.fasterjoomla.com/myext.xml</server> </updateservers>
and a corrensponding file hosted on the server. A tag in this file was not properly set up, but it worked up until a few versions ago; then boom! Stopped working. (the package was set as admin instead of site). So I fixed it, and it started working again.
Here comes the problem: the update site was disabled in most of my test sites due to the error. And while Joomla 2.5 has a nice "Clean cache" button in the extension update page:
which invoked the
function, which in turn invoked the
enableSites() in the update model.
Alas I cannot find such button in Joomla 3. And I tried debugging, but I can't see how this function would be invoked.
Help! Three thousands users are stuck with an old version, and they don't know it!