Upon installation of Joomla the process stops while creating tables. Some tables were created, but not all of them. So far this only happens with MySQL with Joomla 3.x. What should I do?
Installation of Joomla requires a properly configured infra. It looks like several stacks are not properly configured out-of-the-box for this very common Joomla setup.
Increase max_execution_time in php.ini and restart apache untill installation of Joomla succeeds. Installation should continue creating the tables and finish in a timely fashion.
I also had same problem. Then I found the solution to do some configuration changes in my php.ini file and joomla's mysql file.
The Problem may be occurring because of following reasons -
1. PHP timed out.
Look at your
php error log and it should make this error fairly obvious.
So edit your
php.ini file, Go to the directory where php is installed and then find the php.ini file and find the parameter
max_execution_time = 30
And change it to
max_execution_time = 200
Then restart Apache.
Once the install has completed go back and change it back to a value no more than
2. Engine Type
To fix this problem, go to
replaced all the occurrence of ENGINE=InnoDB with ENGINE=MyIsam
MyIsam is more supported and compatible with Joomla.
Do also the same with (sample_data.sql) file, if it's quickstart setup.
You should locate
memory_limit = 512MB and
after that you need to go
then open joomla.sql or something.sql and then find all
ENGINE=InnoDB and change them to
I too faced the same issue of hanging of the installation of joomla 3.4.5 on my windows machine.
OS: Win 8.1 x64 XAMPP v3.2.1 Joomla: 3.4.5
I tried to perform the same 5-6 times. Then, after googling a lot came to conclusion that it can be resolved just my modifying 2 parameters in the php.ini config file usually located inside the
<XAMPP_INSTALL_DIR>/php/php.ini memory_limit = 512M max_execution_time = 200
It worked. So, there is no need to modify the InnoDB engine to MyIsam. Base installation works well. Just the issue with our default settings of the php configuration.
I use XAMPP for Joomla, all I did was to change the
max_execution_time=3000; it worked!
- Go to
C:\xampp\phpand open the
- Press ctr+f and type
max_execution_time, this will locate the syntax line
- Change the value from
You must restart apache/xampp, and then try the Joomla installation again.
It will work. Hope that helps.