I recently upgraded my Joomla site to 3.3.1 from 3.2.2, upgraded the PHP version on my server from 5.3 to 5.5.14 and installed NGINX.
The upgrade went fine, a couple of minor styling and extension related problems but overall a nice smooth update. That was until I enabled $force_ssl on the backend only.
With this enabled the backend login screen simply flashes but proceeds no further. What i've tried to diagnose:
- Checked for server error logs - no related logs found
- Enabled PHP errors and Joomla debugging - nothing shown
- logging in from different browsers and machine's
- Clearing temp files on browsers
- clearing cache/ temp files on joomla site
- Downgrading PHP to 5.4.30
- Using Yireo SSL redirection plugin instead of joomla force_ssl
Here's the strangest thing - If I disable force_ssl, but direct the browser to it will login fine, so just a problem with forcing SSL or the redirection Joomla's using?
Because I'm not the only one using the back end I can't rely on people going to the HTTPS:// address so really do need to have the ability to 'force' people to use SSL.
Now I'm running out of ideas - can anyone out there point me in the right direction?