0

I have a Joomla article that contains links to other articles:

https://www.dev.gonativeguide.com/de/

I add the links with the "+article" button of the editor. My site is bilingual: English and German. When I add a link to an English article, the generated link works fine:

https://dev.gonativeguide.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=143&catid=38&lang=en-GB 

However, when I add a link to a German article, the generated link does not work:

https://www.dev.gonativeguide.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=142&catid=38&lang=de-DE

Error Code: 404 Article not found

The article not found can be accessed from the menu structure without any problems on the following link:

https://www.dev.gonativeguide.com/de/touren/budapest/142-budapest-stadtfuehrung-auf-deutsch

UPDATE: It seems that this is somehow not related to German, but the first language works the second language fails.

I also noticed that the generated URL is converted/redirected to a new URL that contains /de or /en after the domain name. It seems that for some reason this /de or /en part is wrong and this causes the error:

https://dev.gonativeguide.com/de/?option=com_content&view=article&id=143&catid=38&lang=en-GB

If I change /de to /en in the above link, it works.

Please also see the call stack below:

enter image description here

Any idea what may cause this and how to fix it?

  • Have you published Multilingual Status module for the Admin? It can give you very useful hints for your multilingual site settings. – Zollie May 18 at 6:05
  • As I checked it now, this links works for me on your site and resolved: https://www.dev.gonativeguide.com/de/?option=com_content&view=article&id=142&catid=38&lang=de-DE – Zollie May 18 at 6:44
  • As I see, you tried to use the english article id = 143 with your de menu link in your last example and it cannot be resolved. The german article id is 142 and has to have /de in the url also. In your first example link it is missing. – Zollie May 18 at 6:51
  • It looks like that your site now works correctly... :) – Zollie May 18 at 7:00
  • Thanks for taking a look at my site. As workaround I manually changed the generated url to the following for one of the links: dev.gonativeguide.com/de/… This way it works. It would be still interesting to know why the editor generated link cannot be correctly resolved. – wanderlusted May 18 at 10:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.