I wrote a component with two views,
- the main one is a listing (which I set as the home page i.e. https://example.com/ )
- the other a detail page (which is only accessible through the main view i.e. https://example.com/somealias).
My client requested that I show a different menu on the detail pages.
I tried creating a new menu item pointing to the detail page, and a param to set the correct Itemid in the main page, and it picks it up correctly, however it adds the second menu alias to the url i.e. https://example.com/second-menu-item-alias/somealias.
I know I can:
- modify the template, create two positions and show each according to the input params;
- override the menu module to add the required logic there;
- use Nonumber's or other extensions to handle it.
But before I resort to those, I would really like to know if there is a solution I can use from my component.