0

I am working on creating my first module. I have been following this tutorial and I have stopped right before this step for creating database tables.

The problem is: I enter the path to this directory in the Install from Directory tab of the Extension Manager. I tried zipping all the files and uploading the zip file, and I get the same error. It shows the following errors:

Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

Error
Path does not have a valid package.

Unable to find install package.

I am wondering if there is an issue with my module setup?

The Chat folder is set up like this:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 ------- 1263 Oct 16 11:32 helper.php
-rw-rw-r-- 1 -------    0 Oct 16 11:01 index.html
-rw-rw-r-- 1 -------  764 Oct 16 10:57 mod_helloworld.php
-rw-rw-r-- 1 ------- 1286 Oct 16 11:58 mod_helloworld.xml
drwxrwxr-x 3 ------- 4096 Oct 16 11:28 sql
drwxrwxr-x 2 ------- 4096 Oct 16 11:01 tmpl

Here is the mod_helloworld.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<extension type="module" version="3.3.0" client="site" method="upgrade">
    <name>Hello, World!</name>
    <author>John Doe</author>
    <version>1.0.0</version>
    <description>A simple Hello, World! module.</description>
    <files>
        <filename>mod_helloworld.xml</filename>
        <filename module="mod_helloworld">mod_helloworld.php</filename>
        <filename>index.html</filename>
        <filename>helper.php</filename>
        <filename>tmpl/default.php</filename>
        <filename>tmpl/index.html</filename>
        <folder>sql</folder>
    </files>
    <config>
    </config>
</extension>

<install>
     <sql>
         <file driver="mysql" charset="utf8">sql/mysql/install.mysql.utf8.sql</file>
         <file driver="sqlazure" charset="utf8">sql/sqlazure/install.sqlazure.utf8.sql</file>
     </sql>
</install>

<uninstall>
     <sql>
         <file driver="mysql" charset="utf8">sql/mysql/uninstall.mysql.utf8.sql</file>
         <file driver="sqlazure" charset="utf8">sql/sqlazure/uninstall.sqlazure.utf8.sql</file>
     </sql>
</uninstall>

<update> 
    <schemas>
        <schemapath type="mysql">sql/mysql/updates</schemapath> 
    <schemapath type="sqlazure">sql/sqlazure/updates</schemapath> 
    </schemas> 
</update>

Joomla Version is 3.3.0

Thanks

  • 1
    Joomla 3.3.0? That version was released over 3 years ago. Please update to 3.8.1 asap, as you're leaving yourself and your users vulnerable. – Lodder Oct 18 '17 at 14:05
  • 1
    Also, </extension> needs to be at the very end of your XML file – Lodder Oct 18 '17 at 14:07
  • 1
    Here's the updated file code: pastebin.com/j7WH2tWm – Lodder Oct 18 '17 at 14:13
  • @Lodder Thats all great. Yeah I've been having a lot of trouble installing any kind of extension but fixing the XML file got me past this step, although its throwing another exception – jeffery_the_wind Oct 18 '17 at 16:18

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.