I'm attempting to migrate a Joomla 3.7.1 website onto a new server - and have (mostly) successfully done so using a traditional AkeebaBackup migration.
The source site/server is running PHP 5.6.30 with EasyApache 3, and the destination site/server is running PHP 7.1 with EasyApache 4.
The most obvious problem I'm seeing on the destination site is that within EXTENSIONS > MANAGE > WARNINGS, the message "The PHP temporary folder is not set." appears - and I cannot understand why, because;
- My temporary folder path has been defined in GLOBAL CONFIGURATION > SERVER > PATH TO TEMP FOLDER (and this is correctly reflected within the configuration.php file.
- The temporary folder path has also been defined in the Joomla root's php.ini file.
- If I run phpinfo using a Joomla article, or a custom .php file in the site's root, the upload_tmp_dir value correctly returns my defined folder path.
- My temporary folder does exist and has the correct permissions (0755) - identical to those on my fully-working source site.
- If I look at phpinfo via Joomla's own SYSTEM > SYSTEM INFORMATION > PHP INFORMATION, the upload_tmp_dir value states 'no value', in complete contradiction to the phpinfo results run elsewhere (as mentioned above).
So my question, quite simply, is how do I fix the message "The PHP temporary folder is not set." - and why is Joomla's own phpinfo not finding the upload_tmp_dir when everything else is? The source site does not have this problem.
The other notable difference that I should mention is that since the switch from EasyApache 3 to EasyApache 4, I'm no longer using suPHP_ConfigPath in order to define my custom php.ini file (as I am on the source site) - and am instead using the 'MultiPHP INI Editor' within cPanel. Because upload_tmp_dir is not one of the included parameters, I've added it via Editor Mode.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.