I'm working with a set of Joomla! installations that has been infected by malware and have to clean them up as soon as possible. I'm not used to working with Joomla!. The sites have been badly managed, updates haven't been installed and the original extensions haven't been saved.
My approach to this is as follows
- Setup a clean installation of Joomla!
- Export the database and import it to another database with different credentials
- Copy all images from the previous installation to the clean installation
- Configure the clean installation to connect to the new database
- Install a new, clean, version of every extension to the clean Joomla! installation
I'm done with step 1 through 4, but the extensions are proving to be quite a problem. I only want to migrate the extensions that are being used, and I want to ensure that I can get the correct extension, and not just a similar one.
I've managed to extract a list of all extensions using the query
SELECT name, type, manifest_cache FROM prefix_extensions WHERE enabled = 1;. I've also filtered this list against a clean database installation of Joomla! to exclude all the default extensions, but I'm still left with a little over 50 extensions.
I don't want to use Google to search for every extension since I would risk getting the wrong extension just with a very similar name. Is there a better way to find out which extensions I actually need to migrate, and a way to find these extensions?