I checked all the previous questions related to mine, but nothing helped. I have a running website based on Joomla, I wanted to copy it to my local device for test reasons. I did exactly the steps which needed to be done to install the website which is:
- Took a backup from my website using Akeeba
- Copy my DB and create the same one locally
- Used Kickstart to unpack the backup files
then I tried to run my website (localhost/name);
the name of the folder inside
www directory where i unpacked my files in.
The result is:
- If i was connected to the internet then i'm redirected to the live site (the original one)
- If i'm not connected to the internet then nothing happens.
When I browse this URL :
I have a box to put username and password after filling it I have a server failure.