I found this tutorial of how to create a menu like I want in
CSS and I can have it working in a stand-alone version. My question is, which one of my Joomla files would I need to add this coding to in order for my Joomla site to have this same look?
It is hard to know the best solution without know what your template is. However, I would recommend creating a module override for the menu module, then editing the files.
The easiest way to create overides in Joomla is via the templates section of Joomla admin. If your template is the standard Protostar one, then you'd take the following steps...
- Login to your site's administrator area, ie mysite.com/administrator
- Under the "Extentions" menu, click "Templates" then "Templates" again.
- Click on your template in the list of templates
- Click on the "Create Overides" tab.
- Under the "Modules" header click on "mod_menu".
You've now created a template override for the menu module. Now you can edit the code. If you did the above with the Protostar template, you will find the files in "templates/protostar/html/mod_menu". In the folder you'll see a "default.php" which is the main code for the menu, this loads child files for the various menu types, "default_component.php", "default_heading.php", "default_separator.php" and "default_url.php".