In my extension I am trying to implement the redirection after login outlined here (using the 'return' parameter): https://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_redirect_users_after_a_successful_login%3F
My link to the login page is built correctly, and the return parameter is passed. I've double-confirmed that the destination link that is encoded is correct. But after login, it redirects to the user profile page instead of my desired location. I've checked the following:
- menu item created for the login form set to use the "default" redirection -- which should allow an override
- no other plugins that would potentially be controlling the redirection
- SEF is enabled, though I've tried accessing the login page via both the SEF and non-SEF version and neither works
this issue is about the closest to what I'm seeing: Redirect users to the page pointed in the URL after login
It seems to suggest that the "return=" method is no longer working -- that you can't pass that param via $_GET.
- provide suggestions for troubleshooting
- confirm if the return method is still valid?