Hello all Joomla StackExchange users, I am developing I site which is particularly complex and uses a lot of CSS and JS assets to work properly. Usually, I would fine tune JCH Optimize to get the work done, but I feel this time I need some extra work in order to get the best load times with this site.
The question is, would JCC configured to remove all JS and CSS and load a single file can be faster/better than fine tuned JCH Optimize?
The plan is simple. For CSS:
- Build a single non minified CSS file
- JCC removes all loading CSS
- Clean/comment out CSS from unused stuff (Dust-Me Selectors)
- Build CSS Critical Path (and remove this CSS from the main CSS)
- Minify CSS stylesheet
- Set the only one minified CSS as non blocking asset.
For JS: - Build a single non minified JS file, without libraries - JCC remove all loading JS - Async load minified libraries from extrenal CDNs (mainly jQuery, jQuery UI in some rare cases) - Minify JS with Google Closure Compiler - JCC serves the one and only JS file.