Recently, we have done Penetration testing for our Joomla site and came across below Vulnerabilities
Joomla Core Remote Code Execution Vulnerability Solution : Upgrade to version 3.4.6
Reference: Core Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
Web application potentially vulnerable to clickjacking Solution: Return the X-Frame options HTTP header with the page's response
We have outlined some Action Items as below
- Our server meet the minimum technical requirements for Joomla
3.4.7as its already running version
- List down all third-party extensions in use. This includes components, modules, plugins, languages, and templates.
- Determine whether the third-party extensions we rely on are ready for the version of Joomla we are migrating to.
Migrating from 2.5 to 3.x is mini-migration which is already done in our case.
- How do we go about upgrading from 3.2.3 to 3.4.7 ?
- How do we upgrade Database ?
- If upgrade is done successfully, how do we test all the components/extensions/modules ?
- Any official guidelines available to perform the operation?