I'm having a slight issue with a multi language site. I am using FaLang to handle translations of 4 languages (English, Spanish, French and Italian) on a 3.3.6 Joomla installation with English set as the default site language.
I have enabled the "Remove URL Language Code" in the language filter. When viewing the site in English my url's look like this
And the language switcher shows the other languages like so:
www.example.com/es/company/contact.html www.example.com/fr/company/contact.html www.example.com/it/company/contact.html
My issue is that if I change the language to either of the other 3, my English URL's looks like this in the language switcher:
When clicking on the link one is redirected with a 303 from
As far as I know that is the intent of Joomla, but I'd like to remove the
/en/ from my English URL's, so that when showing my website in any of the languages my English URL's look like this:
I am using FaLang's language switcher but also experience this "issue" with Joomla's own language switcher / translation system.
I don't use any SEF components and haven't found any which could solve this, I believe I have to change something in the core routing of Joomla but alas I don't know where or what.
.htaccess as per request
RewriteRule ^en/(.*)$ http://www.example.com/$1 [R=301,L]