I've been using Xampp for Mac and the latest version of Joomla. I uploaded the site/database to a live server a couple weeks ago for a developer to look at a problem I was having specifically with his extension. No problems with the upload.
Now that I'm ready to test the site fully, I deleted the previous database and files, uploaded the new files and am now getting an error when importing the database that wasn't there before. I'm scratching my head to what could have happened between now and then as well as what this error is?
Anyone have any ideas? I posted this to the Joomla forums, one person mentioned to try Akeeba Backup rather than doing things manually, but it's having it's own issues uploading to a specific directory on the live server rather than the root. So I will trouble shoot that in the meantime, but honestly I don't see how that will take care of the problem of importing the database.
For testing, I did create a new localhost database and imported the database just fine. It's the live server that's producing the error when uploading.
The localhost version of phpMyAdmin is 4.2.11
The live version of phpMyAdmin is 18.104.22.168
I tried installing a newer version of Xampp, but it's having database issues for the mac version unfortunately.
Please let me know if you need more information or have more questions.