I've written the XML for the updateserver per the documentation, and tested that it is both valid and has a downloadurl that is functional.
I have tried to clear the cache and check for updates, but every time no updates for my plugin are returned. I've tried it on two different Joomla! installs on two different servers, both with module versions at least 1 below that of the update.
There's very little documentation on errors, and any help would be appreciated. I'm willing to dig into the update check code if I can be pointed towards its location.
<updates> <update> <name>Module name</name> <description>Redacted Description</description> <element>mod_redacted</element> <type>module</type> <client>site</client> <version>1.0.1</version> <downloads> <downloadurl type="full" format="zip">http://redacted.url/updates/mod_redacted_101.zip</downloadurl> </downloads> <tags> <tag>stable</tag> </tags> <maintainer>Joseph B.</maintainer> <maintainerurl>redacted</maintainerurl> <targetplatform name="joomla" version="3.1"/> </update>
<updateservers> <server type="extension" name="Redacted Updates" priority="2">http://redacted.url/redacted.xml</server> </updateservers>