I am working on a community site powered by Joomla. The site will have
- News/Information (2 to 3 articles added weekly)
- Social Media (Easy Social 1.4) - Can grow upto 20,000 registered members sharing photos, status daily
- Directory (J Business Directory) - Entries upto 10,000 businesses
- Shopping Multi vender (VirtueMart) - upto 2000 items
- Blog (Easy Blog)
I know it is advised to have them on different installations and configure Jfusion to have one login for all but I cannot do that for the following reasons
- Since it is a community site striving to be a one stop for all the needs of this particular community, everything needs to be integrated. Ex. When the user comments on an article or post a review on the directory, his profile is seen which links to his social media account on this site.
- The home page of the site will have modules from all the components. Ex: Directory Search Module, Social Media Registration module etc.
- Q1: Do you think a single Joomla installation can handle this? And for how long?
- Q2: The site will be on a shared hosting at the beginning. Do I need a VPS for this site and when?
- Q3: Do I need cloud services and CDN services and when? Will the free Cloudflare service do?